You may have seen in my Organizing and Cleaning the Fridge post that I’ve been packing salads in mason jars for work lunches. I can’t believe it has taken me this long to make them! This week I made a new concoction. I am really excited to share this recipe with you because it’s inexpensive, easy to make and extra yummy. I hope you enjoy this as much as I am.
- 12 oz can organic corn
- 12 oz can organic black beans
- 12 oz can organic garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- red wine or balsamic vinegar to taste
- 4 medium sized mason jars
- Drain and rinse corn, black beans and garbanzo beans. Keep separated.
- Chop red pepper, red onion and cilantro.
- Halve grape tomatoes.
- Assemble veggies in mason jar as follows: black beans, corn, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro
- *Top with either red wine or balsamic vinegar
- Add vinegar right before you eat your salad. Otherwise, the veggies could get soggy.
- This recipe can fill four medium sized mason jars. I only had two jars available, so the other two will be made later this week!
To see where I’m linking up today, check out my Link Party page!
Don’t forget to follow me on: