If you’ve never heard of golden milk, you need to keep reading. Golden milk is a comforting, relaxing drink that is crazy nutritious. It’s used in Ayurvedic practices and medicine in Indian cultures. Turmeric on its own can have an earthy, warm, peppery and a bit bitter taste. But trust me, this golden milk is absolutely delicious.
Curcumin, the main active compound in turmeric, has so many health benefits:
- Soothes sore throats
- Balances blood sugar
- Boosts the immune system
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Detoxes liver
- Regulates metabolism
- Aids skin conditions
- Improves brain function
- May slow Alzheimer’s progression
- May lower risk of heart disease
I made golden milk last week when I wasn’t feeling too great. It was definitely what the doctor ordered. It helped soothe my stomach and relax. Now that I’ve made it once, it’s going to be a staple in my diet. Traditional golden milk recipes use cow milk, but I chose almond milk because it’s better on my digestion.
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional
- Pour all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a light boil.
- Whisk to combine ingredients.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with an added dash of cinnamon.
- Simple Tip: Add the optional honey. I didn't in my golden milk and it wasn't as sweet as I would have liked.
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.