This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias
This weekend, I made delicious and simple jalapeño poppers using Kraft Natural Shreds. If you hate spending hours in the kitchen like me, this recipe is for you. It takes only a few ingredients and less than an hour of your time. Trust me. I was busy this weekend doing important things like like lounging by the pool, catching up on a good book, and taking mid-day naps. However, I did take a break from those activities to make this deliciously cheesy appetizer.
You’ll never guess what I added to these poppers … flax seeds! Flax seeds are an easy addition to make any meal more nutritious. They are a rich source of micronutrients, dietary fiber, vitamin B1 and omega-3 fatty acids.
Aside from flax seeds, you’ll also need Panko, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, colby jack cheese (optional) and of course jalapeños. I already had most of the ingredients to make this dish, but I stopped at Walmart to pick up the Kraft Natural Shreds.
- 6 jalapeños
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I used Kraft Natural Shreds)
- 3/4 cup Panko
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese (optional, Kraft Natural Chunk is a great choice)
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees.
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise. With a spoon, remove the seeds and white membranes.
- Sprinkle the sharp cheddar into the jalapeños.
- Place the jalapeños on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the jalapeños are in the oven, add extra virgin olive oil to a small skillet on medium heat.
- Add the Panko and flax seeds to the skillet and fry for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle the Panko/flax seed mixture to the tops of the jalapeños and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
If you’re interested in making this recipe, be sure to use this digital coupon on your next Kraft Natural Cheese purchase at Walmart. For more ideas on how to incorporate Kraft Natural Cheese in recipes this fall, be sure to check out a game time demo on 9/26 at Walmart.