I love coconut oil, but you probably already knew that. I first started using it a few years ago and I’ve never turned back. It will be a staple in my life forever and ever and ever and ever (you get the point). A lot of people know the various ways you can integrate coconut oil into your beauty and hair routine, but how can you use it in your home? Keep reading to find out!
1. Clean your wooden cutting boards. I told you guys before that I love using coconut oil to clean my wooden cutting boards. After scrubbing with lemon juice and salt, I cover the board with coconut oil and let it soak in overnight. It’s an easy way to clean your wooden cutting boards and keep them looking new for many years.
2. Season cast iron pans. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Spread a layer of coconut oil around the inside and outside of your skillet and place it face down on your top oven rack. Bake for 90 minutes. Turn off your oven but keep the door closed. You’ll want to let the pan cool in the oven. If you have a newer pan, you may need to repeat the seasoning a few times. Tip: Every time you wash your cast iron pan, dry it and rub a bit of coconut oil into the pan. Doing so will help preserve the baked on seasoning.
3. Remove stains. Did you know that coconut oil is a great natural cleaner? You can use coconut oil mixed with a bit of baking soda on upholstery or carpet and it will loosen the stain.
4. Fix squeaky hinges. Don’t have WD-40 laying around? Use coconut oil instead to get rid of any squeaky door hinges that are driving you crazy.
5. Shine your leather boots. Well actually, you can use coconut oil to shine anything made of leather. All you have to do is rub your leather item down with a bit of coconut oil to clean, condition and restore lost sheen.
To see where I’m linking up, check out my Link Party page!
Don’t forget to follow me on: